Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Roving and Yarn!

Alpaca/Tussah Silk roving. It has an incredible softness, strength, and weight to it. I am spinning it lace weight and plan to start knitting a Pi shawl very soon.



After I washed the hanks, I hung it to dry in the bathroom. I had a bit too much twist and thought maybe I could hang some ketchup to straighten it out. Then I started worrying that would cause a kink in the bottom of the yarn. After Adam snapped this photo, I took the ketchup back to the pantry.



This is what I finished at the Tuesday Circle at Twisted Warp and Skeins last night. 325 glorious yards all spun on one bobbin!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I want to dive into that ball of roving! It looks so soft and plush!

Have you spun with a silk before? You know I'm not a spinner but I have heard silk can be quite challenging.

Ashley said...

This was the first time I have ever spun with silk. Alpaca can be a bit of a challenge, too. I surprised myself at how well it turned out! Can't wait to post pictures of the shawl once I start.